Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
Trace3’s Management Consulting (MC) team is comprised of experienced consultants that successfully guide clients through strategic initiatives to optimize performance and business outcomes. We combine deep industry expertise, along with technical and functional acumen to provide insights and leadership to help our clients navigate through complex issues and challenges.
As an OCM Sr. Manager, you will work closely with clients to guide and advise on initiatives that support their business priorities and achieve their desired outcomes. You will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, technology, roles and responsibilities, and organization structure. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies that maximize employee adoption and usage during times of transformation, while minimizing resistance.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive and/or support OCM business development efforts
- Support Trace3 account teams in identifying sales opportunities and proposing OCM solutions to clients
- Collaborate closely with client sponsors and other leaders on design of change management approach to accelerate user adoption and sustained changes to the organization’s behavior
- Develop change strategies and roadmaps with recommendations based on client needs, and best practices
- Manage the completion of change deliverables such as a stakeholder analysis, impact assessment, communications plan, training plan, etc.
- Define change success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Design effective operating models that describe how clients can organize their resources and processes to execute their strategic roadmap
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics to documented issues and/or change resistance
- Manage the change portfolio, integrate change management activities into project plan, support change management at the organizational level, consult and coach project teams
- Support and engage stakeholders including senior leaders, managers, and impacted end-users
- Develop and present logical, creative business cases that achieve client support for company recommendations
- Deliver thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations and lead facilitated workshops to influence business decisions
- Plan and manage scope, activities, resources, and budget for assigned projects
- Develop effective working relationships directly with clients and internal colleagues
Qualifications & Interests:
- Minimum of 2 years working in Organizational Change Management business development sales engagements (Proposals, RFP cycles, SOW’s) in a consulting environment
- Minimum of 8 years of consulting experience
- Minimum of 4 years of practical Organizational Change Management experience, preferably at a technology or consulting company (e.g., Change Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Strategy and Design, and/or Organizational Development)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience with complex organizational change efforts
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team oriented and collaborative working style, with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage other consultants to achieve project objectives and deliver successful projects
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an Agile environment
- MBA or Master’s degree in organizational behavior, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology or other relevant discipline
- Experience in Microsoft Project and Visio
- Change management certification(e.g. CCMP or Prosci)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.