Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Managed Services Engineer provides technical expertise primarily in networking troubleshooting, Run Operate Support, service requests, and incident management. Will also work in a team environment and an on-call system.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform all work according to Trace3 or client standards.
- Assist with installation of all equipment (Racks, servers, Networking gear, etc.) into customer data centers or communication rooms.
- Ability to configure basic networking equipment such as switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Ability to deploy new operating systems on computers located in a DC and or remotely utilizing DHCP based remote boot technologies.
- Provide on-site support for the NOC Solutions team.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends/technologies.
- Responsible for all moves, adds, and changes of new or existing equipment.
- Attend and participate in internal team meetings and client meetings as necessary.
- Capable of delivering on multiple priorities with little to no supervision.
- May be required to support client cutovers or after-hours maintenance windows.
Qualifications & Interests:
- CCNA Certification Route / Switch or equivalent desired.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred (or equivalent level of education/work experience).
- Additional certifications within the first 12 months.
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience providing support and troubleshooting of network infrastructure and delivering technical outcomes via service tickets or incident response.
- Knowledge and familiarity with multiple TRACE3 OEM Partners – Cisco, and Meraki.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with online productivity tools.
- Supports interaction and establishes trust with customers.
- Completes detailed reporting, time sheets, and customer documentation on time.
- Other duties assigned by Manager.
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.