Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Ideal candidates will have qualities true to our core…
Street -Smart <thriving in dynamic times> You are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. You know how your job affects the whole mission. You get the bigger picture. You understand why your job matters to Trace3 and how to help grow the business. You exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely manner.
Entrepreneurial Spirit <capitalizing on opportunity> You think like an entrepreneur. You continuously innovate, come up with solutions and drive change. You solve problems for the betterment of the company. You look for new and productive ways to make an impact. You find better ways to sell or provide solutions and are good at it.
Juice <the “stuff” it takes to be a needle mover and a game changer> You are a well-respected achiever that gets things done and drives results. You “bring the weather” by demonstrating leadership, character, and passion. You lead without a title, empowering others and inspiring trust. You treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. You hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures, not just their success.
About the Role:
Under the general direction of the Data Center Supervisor, the Data Center Technician will physically support and provide remote hand data center services for customers as well as facilitate customer access. This is a W2 Project employee opportunity.
This is a contract position.
What You’ll Do:
Data Center Infrastructure & Cabling:
- Perform Structure cabling assessments and provides recommendations.
- Install and manage structured cabling infrastructure projects.
- Elicit Data Center infrastructure requirements from clients.
- Install, terminate, test and label all cross connects (copper and fiber) in the data center according to Company best practices.
- Dress and label all cables for easy identification and traceability and recommends changes.
- Support day-to-day operations of data center and execute various projects.
- Troubleshoot physical problems and addresses issues with little consultation.
- Move, and install shelves, power strips, rails, cable management, servers, switches, and other equipment with requirements.
- Visually inspect equipment for errors or unusual noises.
- Assist performing infrastructure readiness tests.
- Identify and report problem devices. Replace defective parts as directed.
- Create and maintain service desk documentation.
- Provide plan and then unpack products, identify parts, and dispose of all non-essential items and reports results and recommendations.
- Ensure power tests and report on all incoming products are conducted before being moved to the data center floor per practices.
- Digitally scan all incoming paperwork and transmits results to the customer and proactively provides recommendation on gaps
- Input all device locations and cable connections into a customer defined database.
- Record all received products into a customer defined database (including asset tags information, product manufacturer, model, and serial number).
- Consult and conduct inventory control. Compare received products to packing slip and reports discrepancies.
- Identify customer defined spare parts and keep them in an inventory-controlled area. Recommend changes.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform basic or pre-defined tasks as directed by senior peer.
- Review work orders proactively and as post-work quality assurance to ensure requests are handled accordingly to requests.
- Actively participate during the service transition phase to perform knowledge transfer and documentation
- Review, report and maintain accurate records and documents all problems and submits to client.
- Accept, fulfill and report status via the ticketing system, time reports, and email processes.
- Escort vendors and repair technicians as requested by customer.
- Support a senior peer performing crisis management in the event of critical situations or major service outages.
- Manage assigned ticket lifecycle.
- Communicate to stakeholders according to SLAs.
- Assist performing root cause analysis.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow Company best practices and Standard Operational Procedures.
Qualifications & Interests:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a technical or data center support role.
- Ability to work independently once provided direction.
- Willing to independently research Internet technologies (firewall/router/switch/VPN/DNS/Proxy).
- Good understanding of the OSI model
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- CompTIA A+, BICSI or similar certification is required.
- Willing to travel
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan, 529 college savings plan, life insurance, and AD&D
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance (where we don’t encourage fun and relaxation time; we require it)
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.