Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Delivery, the Sr. Wireless Network Engineer/Managed Services Engineer will implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain the IT infrastructure of client environments, including network connectivity and utilization. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Maintain documentation of client networks and systems. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and provide support for escalated trouble tickets. Will be tightly integrated with other engineers and resources dedicated to a particular client and will be working closely with the client’s internal teams to support their infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Focused support on Cisco LAN and WAN network infrastructure, Palo Alto security devices, and Juniper Mist WLAN environment
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support for problems identified with systems and network. Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 support technicians to deliver technical outcomes via Service Requests or Incident Responses
- work collaboratively within a team to provide guidance on overall technical direction for strategic customer
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, and configurations(s)
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed to support client needs
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN, WAN, and WLAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN connections, WLAN controllers and access points.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network and monitoring tools in a timely fashion
- Evaluate network performance utilizing monitoring platform or other tools
- Assist with reporting
- Interface with third party vendors for support when necessary
- Build Team Relationships through exceptional customer service
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Maintain Specialization roles as needed by TRACE3.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred (or equivalent level of education/work experience supporting Commercial and Enterprise class infrastructure)
- Actively pursues Professional Development opportunities
- Desired level of certifications from one of more of the following OEM Partners:
- Cisco - CCNP Certification Route/Switch or equivalent
- Juniper - JNCIS-MistAI (Mist AI, Specialist) or
- NCIA-MistAI (Mist AI, Associate) plus adequate experience
- Palo Alto Networks (PAN) Certified Network Security Engineer certification preferred or
- PAN Certified Network Security Administrator certification plus adequate experience or
- PAN Certified Detection and Remediation Analyst plus adequate experience
- Knowledge or familiarity with all above mentioned TRACE3 OEM Partners
- Strong understanding of how clients use technology to meet business objectives
- Works well in team environment
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various teams and management levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on tasks to completion.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Strong work experience with online productivity tools
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.