Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Principal Network Security Engineer will partner with our clients to solve complex Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud Security business problems and provide best in class advice and solutions. This position will work with Account Managers, Project Managers, and clients to deliver solutions, acting as the authority on all Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud Security products. The Principal Engineer will strive to develop lasting relationships with clients and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide subject matter expertise and act as technical product advocate for Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud Security solutions
- Manage and deliver end-to-end implementation of Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud Security solutions
- Provide consulting expertise on operational models, strategic roadmaps, and return on investment for end customers
- Ensure that a quality solution is delivered in a timely manner, within budget, and to our client's satisfaction.
- Work closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations while simultaneously working closely with internal teams to ensure delivery
- Communicate Company value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users.
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management team to develop sales playbooks outlining strategies for driving high value into strategic accounts
- Contribute to the development of internal best practices as well as new innovative consulting services offerings that we can take to market
- Lead other engineers; be proactive and voluntarily help your team learn
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead cross-functional teams and resources
Qualifications & Interests:
- 10+ years of Technology domain experience with expertise in Palo Alto Networks, Firewalls, VPN, SD_WAN and related technologies
- 2+ years of Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud
- Experience with Palo Alto Prisma Access deployments, configuration, migrations, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Prisma Clould, SD-WAN and Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) – Deployment and migrations
- Experience with Palo Alto Panorama - Deployment, configuration, troubleshooting
- Experience with migration to Palo Alto NGFWs from Checkpoint, Cisco, Fortinet, and other firewall platforms
- Experience with Palo Alto Expedition for migrations and best practice assessments
- Palo Alto GlobalProtect SSL VPN deployments
- Experience with other Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco products and cloud products
- Contribution to new business development efforts around net new service offerings
- Ability to identify major technology trends and share point of view with clients in support of sales pursuits
- Experience rolling out and/or running a large-scale security program
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills
- Experience in other technologies or willingness to learn, is a huge plus
- Ability to keep track of numerous detail-intensive, independent tasks and ensure accurate completion
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to train technical users
- Ability to conduct technical presentations
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel, if needed
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.