Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 850 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Data Engineer will provide technical expertise and leverage new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. This role will work closely with clients, partners, and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful. The Data Engineer will act as an expert and trusted advisor who develops, implements, troubleshoots, and optimizes data solutions across many platforms.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for design, development, and hands-on implementation of data intelligence solutions including data platform build-up, proof of concepts or pilot implementation, software development, software integration, and documentation
- Perform hands on development of apache, big data technologies, and framework
- Serve as a data intelligence technical resource in team’s efforts to determine the needs of our client’s businesses that will simplify and automate the applications as well as make them more efficient
- Align solutions with standards and best practices working with cross-functional engineering and consulting teams
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales and Account Management team to ensure smooth and successful delivery and assist with the identification of additional Advanced Services and Sales opportunities within the customer’s environment
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
- Bachelors degree required with a concentration in Computer Science or Information Systems (strongly desired).
- Advanced degree and/or system certification(s) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on programming in SQL and one of the following: C++, java, python, or R.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Snowflake, Hadoop, and/or Hive.
- Minimum 5 years experience with RDBMS and OLAP databases including at least one of the following: MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or SAP HANA.
- Minimum 5 years of experience and demonstrable expertise in solving various customer data analytics and platform challenges.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with NoSQL databases including one of the following: MongoDB, Apache Casandra/HBase, DynamoDB, CosmosDB.
- Minimum 2 years experience with cloud platform including either Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Minimum 2 years experience with reporting platforms including one of the following: PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, ThoughtSpot.
- Minimum 1 year in a leadership role (management or technical lead).
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience with a distributed SQL platforms.
- Experience with federated data between onpremise and cloud platforms.
- Experience deploying and operating data centric platforms in one of the major public cloud providers.
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems.
- Broad understanding of modern data platforms with the ability to discuss their suitability for specific problems.
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally; able to present technical information to audiences of different levels of understanding and skill.
- Design creative and critical capabilities for a holistic approach, including the ability to leverage existing technology.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.