Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Product Manager will contribute to Managed Services growth in the FSG Region and help maintain position as an innovative and emerging technology authority. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundational knowledge in the server and storage technologies. The candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills and have a trusted adviser personality for client interaction. He/She must be able to work well with people as they will be interacting closely with manufacturers, support teams, account team, and clients.
What You’ll Do:
Under the general direction of the Account Team Managing Director, the Product Manager will lead product evolution, managed services and technology design engagements from an enablement and idea inception perspective to successful delivery of the product in terms of scope, deliverables, budget, client satisfaction, and achievement of required business outcomes. This position will work throughout the program lifecycle, from presales to final delivery and throughout support within a continuous cycle, to validate that each solution is properly scoped, designed, implemented and tested to meet client’s business needs and incorporates renewal and technology roadmap in order to ensure the solutions and offerings scale internally and externally.
- Responsible for Architecture, standards and version ownership and Trace3 architectural/engineering collaboration.
- Responsible for Solution development/roadmap.
- Own and manage the IC build and procurement process, serving as the Product Manager who ensures a quality integration process and product (integrated pod) for the client.
- Client relationship manager for product: Communicate consistent and prompt status updates to the client and internal stakeholders for all products.
- Onsite scaling stakeholder and leads the client and internal team through required product changes and version updates.
- Will be the front-line escalation path for order issue and deployment issues related to the product.
- Build and develop the onboarding and on-going product design & lifecycle scope and objectives to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects/product implementation and change remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with stakeholders, third-party/vendors and from various cross-functional departments.
- Provide technical leadership and strategy for product changes, compatibility, and interoperability with other technologies.
- Adjust to different client selected technologies as needed.
- Monitor and analyze technology to define renewal and upgrade plans and design integration and risk mitigation plans with required parties.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- Propose recommendations and in support of customer escalations with the SDM.
- Responsible for having a clear understanding of client’s environment, Regional partner environment, strategic objectives, and success criteria to help them evolve to meet business technology and MS operating requirements in a budget-conscious fashion.
- Support Sales team efforts to identify new services opportunities and promote our capabilities for new and within current clients.
- Manage the internal and external technology and services engineering partners in the Pre-Sales process from initial opportunity identification through to completion (signed SOW / PO received).
- Guide collaboration among sales, project teams, delivery teams, vendor partners, and customers.
- Contribute to sales forecasting, pipeline and relationships.
- Manage opportunities through fruition (including but not limited to):
- Technology Scoping and future roadmap
- SOW accuracy in Generation and Revisions
- Price Negotiation
- Manage & Drive Resource assignment in a timely manner
- Weekly Communication with the CSM and Account team regarding upcoming resource needs, in-flight opportunities, current projects
Product and Offering Management:
- Be the key Managed Service technology offering and roadmap point of contact and partner for each assigned client engagement.
- Obtain and maintain complete product (technology and managed services) sponsor support.
- Establish a rapport and confidence with assigned clients.
- Utilize industry, service and partner knowledge to identify client business priorities.
- Collaborate with Client sourcing/procurement teams to provide data, understand internal processes, develop documentation, and drive Trace3 value within the organization.
- Understand partner agreements and integration process with Trace3
- Engagement Oversight
Delivery – Transition On-boarding and On-going Services (Renewals, Upgrades, Changes, Decommissions):
- Own and maintain overall product service and technology accountability for successful engagement delivery.
- Provide Client onboarding documentation to Delivery teams.
- Support the Managers in delivering against Company’s methodology and processes.
- Serve as the expert in developing against Company’s methodology and processes.
- Enable dissemination and assimilation of product delivery standards and processes.
- Facilitate all product related vendor relationships.
- Review key documentation and guide appropriate audience (technical vs. business).
Methodology & Process Improvement:
- Review processes for current product and related service offerings, refinement as needed
- Service and technology mix: determine what is successful and how we can continually improve
- Work to unite Managed Services, Services, FSG and business units, and other teams within Trace3 to learn from experiences and improve future processes
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing client relationships or account management is strongly preferred.
- minimum 3 years proven experience working for a technology or consulting company strongly preferred with project management and technology experience. Experience in a start-up environment is also a plus.
- Strong financial and business acumen with understanding of a multi-faceted business operation.
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, multiple parties and rapidly changing priorities including with the remote work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels with proven proactive and predictive approach.
- Excellent conflict resolution, adaptability and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects and retain details.
- Ability to meet stated customer-initiated deadlines.
- Strong documentation skills to document every aspect of the product, change and support.
- Financial Services vertical experience is a strong plus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.