Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
Under the general direction of the Practice Director, the Security Engineer will be responsible for Pre- and Post-Sales support for the Palo Alto Security product line, including Cortex, GlobalProtect, IOT, Next-Generation Firewalls, SAAS Security Micro Segmentation, and more.
This position will work with Account Managers, Project Managers, and clients to design and implement solutions, acting as the authority on all aspects of the firm’s Palo Alto Security product line. The expectation is this person will have a masterful understanding of our Palo Alto Security products, and a masterful understanding of security strategy, capability, and use cases. The Security Engineer will strive to develop lasting relationships with client personnel and seek to further these relationships through quality product delivery. The goal of the Security Engineer is to understand their client’s business and demonstrate technical competence in their solution and industry.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven record of accomplishment in relevant Palo Alto Security technologies. You must be comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills. You must be organized and analytical, able to eliminate delivery obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. You must have strong technical knowledge and be able to implement projects as well as problem solve.
What You’ll Do:
- Strong experience in implementation of Palo Alto Security solutions
- Provide subject matter expertise, act as technical product advocate, design, develop and implement Palo Alto Security solutions.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Provide consulting expertise on operational models, strategic roadmaps, and return on investment for end customers.
- Candidate should be able to manage and lead the architecture & design of Palo Alto Security solutions with end-to-end implementation & operation knowledge of different components of the systems.
- In-depth knowledge on how to get the data you need in reports, but in knowing what is important to report on to ensure that a quality solution is delivered in a timely manner, within budget, and to our client's satisfaction.
- Work closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations while simultaneously working closely with internal teams to ensure delivery.
- Communicate Company value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users.
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations.
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management team to develop sales playbooks outlining strategies for driving high value into strategic accounts.
- Provide leadership for consultants and overall engineering team.
- Contribute to the development of internal best practices as well as new innovative consulting services offerings that we can take to market.
- Lead other engineers; be proactive and voluntarily help your team learn
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead cross-functional teams and resources
Qualifications & Interests:
- Overall 8+ years’ experience in cybersecurity industry
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing, and managing enterprise security solutions
- Proven background in security engineering and supporting of Palo Alto Security solutions
- Experience deploying in the cloud and on-premises
- Experience rolling out and/or running a large-scale security programs
- Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills
- Experience in other technologies or willingness to learn, is a huge plus
- Ability to keep track of numerous detail-intensive, independent tasks and ensure accurate completion
- Strong critical thinking, analytic, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to train technical users
- Ability to conduct technical presentations
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.