Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
As a Cloud Solutions Architect, you will need to be technically capable and solutions focused. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship with the customer. You possess customer facing skills that allow you to build relationships within a customer’s environment with senior personnel, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and DevOps teams. We’re looking for a team member with a great attitude, who is smart, thoughtful, collaborative, organized and who thrives at the center of excellence – an awesome communicator and a trusted communications advisor. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges. You will solve key technical issues for our customers while liaising with sales, operations and other members of the engineering team. You should enjoy learning about new technologies to help guide colleagues and customers through adoption. You should be highly motivated and passionate about working in the cloud and mentoring other members of the team.
The Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for selling, architecting and delivering AWS solutions offered by Trace3. This person will report directly to the Director of Cloud Solutions and work with a team of individuals focused on driving growth of our Cloud practice.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as subject matter expert around the AWS cloud platform.
- Assist sales/presales teams on new and existing opportunities.
- Design and Architect cloud-based solutions based on best practices using IaaS and PaaS deployment models.
- Act as a technical liaison between the customer, sales teams and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer’s requirements.
- Recommend solutions and assist sales and other engineers with the development of Statements of Work (SOW), estimates for proposals, architectures and presentations.
- Mentor other cloud team members in the skills needed to conduct both pre- and post-sales engagements.
- Serve as a key member of the cloud team in helping to ensure customer success and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Own engagements and help ensure a timely delivery.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge amongst teams and the community.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in an accurate and timely fashion.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or experience highly desired.
- Relevant experience architecting solutions across the AWS cloud platform required.
- 5-10 years of practical industry knowledge (implementation and operations) required.
- 3+ years of sales experience at a reseller or manufacture required.
- Broad understanding of various public, private and hybrid cloud platforms and enterprise services.
- Certified Architect at the Professional level on AWS required.
- Comfortable recommending technologies and presenting cloud-based solutions specific to security, reliability, performance and high availability.
- Automation skills using PowerShell, Azure Resource Manager, AWS CloudFormation and/or Google Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Windows/Linux skills in administration, configuration, installation, design and maintenance are required.
- Knowledge around monitoring and analytics tools such as Splunk, DataDog, OMS, and NewRelic.
- Familiar with tools and solutions such as GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, HashiCorp, Alert Logic, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.