Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Engagement Architect will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical expertise in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer’s needs. While leading in a presales and delivery capacity, the Engagement Architect will be responsible for leveraging new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and enabling client success to ensure engagements are successful.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop BOM/proposal and provide recommendations
- Assist in providing pre-sales support
- Determine detailed customer requirements
- Interface with customer to meet goals
- Prepare and present demos for discipline focuses
- Develop response to RFQs and RFPs
- Assist in review of designs with manufacturers in their technical discipline(s)
- Develop SOWs (Statements of Work) or technical scope of large SOWs
- Providing accurate services Level of Effort scoping using TRACE3’s Consulting Services Calculator (CSC) tool
Responsible for delivering project services during the “Architect” (Planning) Phase of project work. Duties include:
- Negotiate changes within the project deliverables and costs
- Determine specific application requirements on the network, including performance requirements
- Assist in developing specific network solutions
- Develop specific IP spreadsheet to fit IP plan for customer, if required
- Develop detailed implementation plans
- Verify accuracy of parts list against project requirements
Responsible for delivering project services during the “Navigate” (Design) Phase of project work. Duties include:
- Create design configuration templates and/or scripts
- Create network info spreadsheet
- Assist in developing scalable IP addressing scheme, if required
- Improve technology discipline standard “best practices” templates
Responsible for delivering project services during the “Execute” (Implementation) phase of project work. Duties include:
- Oversee project cutovers
- Implement technology discipline solutions
- Provide customer and internal interface
- Oversee validation of engineers’ tasks and make suggestions for improvement
- Update “best practices” documentation as needed
- Validate acceptance testing
- Assist in developing high level network diagrams, if required
- Update “best practices” with “lessons learned”
- Transfer knowledge to customer and hand-off
Qualifications & Interests:
- Understand CMP platforms with experience in VMWare VRA, Cloud-Center, Morpheus, etc.
- Orchestrate and Integrate Cloud (Hybrid and Multi-Cloud) operations
- Understanding of Cloud & Hybrid Cloud Landing Zones and constructs
- Expertise on IT Operations (Monitoring and Supporting Multi-Cloud Environments)
- Hands-On Experience on building Infrastructure on Private and Public cloud environments running on VMWare, Hyper-V, Nutanix, and/or AWS, GCP, Azure
- Containers (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Version Control (Git, Gitlabs)
- Curiosity and Innovative Mindset
- Thought Leadership
- Previous experience designing and deploying
- Technology solutions for Fortune 1000 companies and understanding of how clients use technology to meet business objectives
- Deep experience in delivering, integrating Professional Services
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical issues to customers and non-technical audience
- Strong work experience with online productivity tools
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate them into technical implementations
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable, educational and useful
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Motivated self-starter who loves to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.