Tr1X (“Trix”) is a biotechnology company focused on engineering cures for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The company develops cellular therapies with the potential to cure disease by inducing immune tolerance and restoring homeostasis.
Tr1X has a state-of-the-art technology platform that allows for the scalable generation of engineered living drugs to help patients suffering from debilitating diseases with high unmet medical need. More information can be found at www.tr1x.bio
Tr1X is seeking an experienced drug discovery SRA to take responsibility for executing biomarker strategies and correlative studies in support of Tr1X early clinical development activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to carry out independent and cross-functional teamwork, demonstrate creativity and apply critical thinking, and generate reproducible, high-quality data to inform development of Tr1X’s cell therapies. This position requires working with human blood and tissues.
The Impact You’ll Make:
- Develop and Execute - assays to evaluate and characterize cellular, biochemical, and molecular biomarkers.
- Execute - assays to and characterize patients’ immune system and responses to the therapy.
- Contribute - to experimental design and project direction.
- Evaluate - various protocols and methodologies in support of process development and clinical development activities.
- Maintain - detailed and highly organized documentation of experimental procedures.
- Analyze - data in a timely manner and present findings at team/departmental meetings.
The Team – Yes You Belong!
We are building a diverse, bold, agile, and collaborative organization where each team member works closely and communicates respectfully with each other. Tr1X leadership has high expectations for themselves and for you (and so should you!): we expect the company and all its employees to be deeply focused on bringing Tr1X’s therapies to patients at an accelerated pace.
Key attributes to this role include attention to details, a “can do” attitude, integrity, ability to multitask and to adjust to changing priorities.
- MS +5 years or BS +7 years experience in immunology, cell biology or related discipline including at least 2 years working in the translational/biomarker setting.
- Extensive experience in performing various immunological assays to characterize and assess the function of T cells, such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, multi-plexed immunoassays (e.g. MSD), molecular techniques (e.g. RNAseq/Nanostring/dPCR), and cell-based assays, preferably in support of clinical trial sample analyses.
- Ability to critically analyze experimental data and optimize assays independently and collaboratively in a team environment and with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and the ability to write and adhere to SOPs.
- Proficiency with analytical software programs (Prism, FlowJo, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage various timeline pressures, and drive tasks to completion.
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Possess an agile and flexible mindset while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Must be able to wear all required PPE and safely conduct experiments.
Optimally you also have:
- Assay development experience.
- Previous experience with assessing molecular and biochemical biomarkers in patient samples.
- Previous experience working with assay qualification / validation.
- Previous experience with electronic lab notebooks (ELN).
- Legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tr1X offers comprehensive benefits for our employees and their families including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance,
- 401k with generous company match
- Flexible time off policies and more.
Salary Range: $80,000-$105,000
At Tr1X we believe that a diverse, open, and inclusive environment and culture is key to our success. Tr1X will not be influenced in recruitment, hiring, promotion or any other employment practices by race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical or genetic condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Tr1X will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place will not create any implied obligation.