Blokhaus is a marketing & communications group specializing in the blockchain space. Unlike other categories, blockchain and cryptocurrency projects move at an extraordinary pace, blending popular culture with technology like never before. Blokhaus provides the services needed for projects and brands to resonate with users and stand out from the noise.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, PR & Communications to join our team at Blokhaus. This role will coordinate with various ecosystem PR teams in the US and internationally, helping create and execute communications initiatives, and monitor and analyze developments in the news. On this team, we identify and manage issues in a fast-paced environment and continuous news cycle while cultivating relationships with media, social influencers and with internal and external partners. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated with a passion for blockchain, media, consumer technology, and values-based communications issues. This role will help drive strategy, plan and execute product/services PR programs and initiatives, coordinating cross-functionally across the company.
The candidate should have a keen ability to focus on and simplify key priorities and opportunities, execute projects with relentless attention to detail, deeply understand the user experience and translate that into highly relevant and engaging communications to forge deeper connections and cut through ambiguity.
- Build strong media and influencer relationships in the tech and consumer space,
- Coordinate cross-functionally to prepare targeted PR campaigns across teams and geographies
- Work interdepartmentally and with other partner teams to help support their PR & Comms strategy in order to boost awareness for the project.
- Stay up to date on latest industry developments, identifying, developing and placing stories to help spread the word and amplify the brand.
- Work with Marketing, Communications & Social teams to align on content strategy and ensure narratives are reinforced and updated with industry changes
- Plan and execute on product PR launches, programs and momentum activities
- Write and develop thoughtful pitches and press materials
- Help plan and manage launch activities, staffing events and media briefings
- Identify and manage issues in a continuous news cycle
- Previous experience leading successful PR & Comms programs.
- Strong PR & Comms experience in the areas of blockchain, software and consumer technology are preferred.
- You are self-motivated, possess a positive team-player attitude and are passionate about media relations, creative story-telling, problem solving and values-based communications issues.
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic startup environment.
- You should have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and detailed project management skills.
- You are a self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You are able work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have demonstrated experience advocating for projects and influencing teams beyond your control.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in public relations, journalism, PR agency or corporate settings.
- Knowledge, passion and experience within the blockchain / crypto space highly desired
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Unlimited paid time off