About TQ Tezos
TQ Tezos is a blockchain software technology studio, building world-class blockchain solutions across global industries. Based on the open-source Tezos protocol, TQ Tezos consists of distributed global teams working to build both private permissioned and public blockchain solutions, with a suite of developer tools and business products. In collaboration with the Tezos Foundation in Switzerland and Nomadic Labs in Paris as well as other entities in the Tezos ecosystem, TQ helps startups and enterprises adopt Tezos for a variety of exciting use cases (e.g. capital markets, enabling autonomous vehicle-to-vehicle transactions, etc.), facilitating the growth of a robust, high-functioning Tezos ecosystem across multiple industries.
Importance of Marketing for Tezos
The Tezos brand is recognized in the blockchain industry, as one of the initial proof-of-stake early blockchain solutions, with one of the most successfully funded projects of 2017. However, name recognition does not currently translate into widespread knowledge of the Tezos value proposition or adoption of the technology. The smart contract protocol marketplace is growing increasingly competitive, and brand differentiation among new protocols is a challenge. This means that the marketing challenge for Tezos is to simultaneously educate the market and establish competitive dominance in key verticals.
As Head of Marketing, you will develop and execute marketing strategies that increase brand awareness and sentiment in the blockchain community and drive the adoption of Tezos across developer communities (both Web2 and Web3), consumer industries, and enterprise businesses. You will oversee:
- Product Marketing. Partner with global product and business development teams to launch successful businesses on the platform, that in turn generate strong word of mouth and organic growth. Develop and execute strategies to reach key commercial audiences (startups, and enterprises in target verticals) through all marketing channels.
- Community Growth. Grow a passionate developer community. Develop and execute strategies to foster and grow the Tezos developer ecosystem, both within the existing blockchain industry and beyond, through community social campaigns, educational programming and partnership, events, hackathons, meetups and grassroots campaigns.
- Content Strategy. Build compelling, targeted content and messaging for each priority audience. Create a drumbeat of content through blog, email newsletter, and social media that energizes the community and grows momentum for the brand overall. Develop and lead thought leadership campaigns and events. Create and own tactical marketing content and a variety of materials for use in business development
- Growth — drive organic growth for Tezos through community engagement and word of mouth, partnerships (paid and earned), and secure press coverage in both industry blockchain as well as more mainstream tech media. Manage that growth in a KPI and metric-driven way.
- Storytelling and Brand Positioning — working with the head of Brand Marketing to shape the Tezos brand positioning and tell the Tezos story and value proposition to a global audience. Create key messaging that explains our breakthrough technology in terms everyday people will understand and get excited by. Hone and expand these key messages and use-cases for different audiences, including developers, enterprises, and the press.
- Management. Build and manage a small but global and cross-channel team. Establish KPIs for all of your team’s efforts and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes. Create and own best-practices and playbooks for marketing across the organization. Work closely with the executive head of the organization, as well as global business development and product teams.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Minimum 7 years experience in marketing and marketing management roles
- Strategic marketing leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of marketing best practices
- Organized and reliable
- High degree of ownership and a ‘get-stuff-done’ attitude
- Can operate in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Has the people-agility to work with senior leadership, both business and technical, and represent Tezos to partners and the public
- Bachelor's degree
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k matching