About TQ Tezos (Tocqueville Group)
TQ is a New York-based blockchain technology company advancing the Tezos project. In close collaboration with global teams,TQ builds products on Tezos and developer tools to help other teams all around the world do so. TQ also helps startups and enterprises adopt Tezos for a variety of exciting use cases, facilitating the growth of a robust, high-functioning Tezos ecosystem.
About the Role
The Global Director of Communications & PR will be responsible for coordinating, managing and executing all strategic communications for the TQ Tezos and related global ecosystem partners and entities. We are looking for a candidate with substantial experience managing corporate communications, who can clearly and compellingly articulate the vision of the Tezos project and advancements made to external audiences.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is smart, curious, creative and driven. You must be able to operate in a fast-moving, fast-changing environment and clearly communicate complex ideas to both technical and mainstream audiences. You are naturally a team player and are experienced in managing multiple brands at one time. You are interested in blockchain technology, whether you’re a deeply ingrained expert or someone who is keen to dig into the space more. You are not afraid to raise your hand for support when a particular topic is beyond your knowledge base. You should be able to think and write strategically and creatively about a range of issues in a variety of media, including, press releases, op-eds, remarks, briefing documents and blog posts.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for coordinating global communications and PR for entities working to advance the Tezos project around the world..
- In particular, the Global Director of Communications & PR will be responsible for:
- Strategically designing and managing the communication framework and press strategy, including overseeing announcements from across in the Tezos ecosystem;
- Driving announcements from conception to drafting to pitching and execution to ensure maximum media coverage;
- Developing relationships with and pitching media across a variety of mainstream and industry outlets; elevate the project’s relationship with key financial and business media and influential voices at national and international levels
- Creating communication materials, including talking points, press releases, media pitches, speeches, campaign plans, thought leadership pieces/opeds, and website copy;
- Maximizing media opportunities by thinking creatively and considering every potential angle and media channel;
- Demonstrated global communications experience and a familiarity with the blockchain industry;
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with reporters;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create effective and integrated multi-channel communications strategies;
- Track record of success proactively crafting and placing compelling media pitches;
- Proactive, organized planner with the ability to multitask and prioritize numerous work streams;
- Successful writing and editing experience, including the ability to write press releases, media alerts, website content and “thought pieces”;
- Creative about how new media channels can be utilized to achieve specific communications goals;
- Self-reliant, results oriented and the ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment;
- Great oral and interpersonal skills and all around interesting, dynamic person who loves a challenging environment;
- 8+ years of experience in a communications leadership role
Nice to have:
- Previous PR/marketing or experience at a fintech/tech/VC firm
- 3-5 years of PR/marketing agency experience engaged in global client management
What we offer:
- Flexible Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off