The TPB Pioneers program is a platform for scientists and engineers who want to use their discoveries, skills and passion, to turn research from the lab into transformative businesses across human health, food, agriculture, biomanufacturing and the broader life sciences.
Your mission as a TPB Pioneer is to build a business that has a shot at dramatically improving life on Planet Earth. If you are eager to accelerate your research and ideas, are looking for a culture that unapologetically fosters risk-taking and solving hard problems, and want a partner with the resources to bring your work to the real world in an accelerated way, TPB Pioneers is for you.
Every TPB Pioneer gets the financial and operational resources to:
- Explore novel concepts around scientific discoveries and technologies that could change the world for the better
- Build and prove out a promising thesis by doing initial, original research and/or prototyping with well-defined milestones
- Form and scale a standalone company backed by TPB (once your concept is proven) that goes forth and changes the world!
Applying is Easy
Send us the application materials below and we’ll be back in touch in ~2 weeks if we think you’d be a fit for Pioneers.
- A cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why did you choose your field of interest?
- How have you chosen what to do in your career thus far and why?
- What do you think are opportunities to innovate in your field of interest?
- Why is Pioneers interesting to you, and what does an ideal outcome look like?
- Your resume (or just LinkedIn)
3. Any papers you’ve published
4. Any patents you’re an inventor in
5. A description of any products you’ve developed
Our team reviews every application and will usually get back to you within 2 weeks. Sadly, we can’t accommodate everyone in Pioneers but, if there’s a fit on both sides, we’d love to get to know you more through a series of technical and program interviews. The final step with us usually involves introducing yourself to the broader TPB team and giving everyone a sense for the ideas that you’d be excited to pioneer.