If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Security Team. You will be part of a highly talented Security team pioneering Information Security in one of today's most innovative and highly visible industries. Here at Toyota Connected, Information Security is immersed in all the technology and engineering groups versus standing off to the side. While this team will be chartered towards Information Security, we also focus heavily in the DevSecOps space, and work across all aspects of application development, including cloud, CI/CD, and containers. Protecting the privacy and data of millions of Toyota and Lexus drivers is a top priority.
The Data Privacy Analyst will work closely with TC (Toyota Connected) and TMNA (Toyota Motors North America) Product, Legal, and Security teams to identify, document, and support initiatives necessary for compliance with global and local data privacy laws and regulations. The Data Privacy Analyst will contribute to strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy and security compliance and governance across the company.
- Work with all TC Product and Chief Product Owners to document, update, and manage data assets in a centralized repository
- Attend TMNA Privacy Compliance Meetings and summarize action items for all TC Product Owners
- Track Compliance Action Items and provide updates to CTO and Managing Counsel
- Support Toyota Connected’s Privacy Compliance strategy
- Consult with Product Teams and Business Partners on domestic (e.g. California Consumer Privacy Act) and international data privacy and security laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Manage relationships with Global Privacy partners across Toyota
- Act as subject matter expert and resource on issues related to privacy, security and data protection
- Partner with members of the legal team, security team, data governance, and outside counsel to help ensure Toyota Connected’s compliance with laws, regulations, and customer contracts
- Assist in developing and maintaining Toyota Connected’s privacy program, and related policies, procedures, documentation, and communication materials
- Assist in developing training materials, and providing training to employees on privacy and security related obligations
- Provide guidance to legal and product management teams on issues pertaining to new and existing products/features throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Review issues related to data collection, use and governance
- Review issues related to Incident Response, customer security questionnaires and security certifications
- Review data protection impact assessments and other internal privacy and data security assessments
- Collaborate with TMNA and TME to understand requirements for Consent Management systems
- Collaborate with TC Product Teams to manage roadmap of Privacy compliance changes across all Toyota Connected Products
- Experience working with product teams on implementing Privacy by Design
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in the area of data privacy, security and data governance in an Information Technology environment
- Good understanding of global data protection law, including knowledge of CCPA and GDPR
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability and confidence to represent Toyota Connected in the area of data privacy and security
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, capable of quickly gaining the respect of and interacting comfortably with and successfully collaborating with and influencing senior leaders
- Japanese Language skills are a plus
- Experience in Automotive and Telematics Data is a plus
- Experience in Cloud and Big Data is a plus
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested Day One.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.