If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Technical Operations Team. You will be part of a highly skilled development and operations team that pushes the boundaries of operational excellence and production readiness across Toyota on a daily basis. Technical Operations at Toyota Connected has broad responsibilities and high impact by providing the tools, patterns, processes, frameworks, and services that our product teams need to easily deploy and operate applications in a performant, scalable, and secure manner globally. We are heavily focused on DevOps culture, tooling, cloud infrastructure management, automated event contextualization, root cause analysis, and remediation, as well as, connected mobility operations, including systems monitoring, alerting, and operations process engineering.
Toyota Connected is looking for an Software Engineer who will develop and participate in the creation and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. This is a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment
What you will do:
- Develop tools and libraries using RESTful APIs that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Own delivery from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
You are a successful candidate if you:
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- Experience as a Software Developer for high-tech products or services
- 1+ years of Python and/or Go programming experience in a production environment
- Proven history of solving complex problems both in code and in person
It will be Nice if you have:
- Strong troubleshooting ability is a plus
- Event Driven development experience is a plus
- AWS, Azure, and/or GCP experience is a plus
- DevOps, Docker, and/or Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Automated testing tool experience is a plus
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested Day One.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.