If you want to change the way the world works, completely transform the automotive industry, and positively impact others at a global scale then you are in the right place! At Toyota Connected we fail fast, constantly improve and work in a highly iterative way to continuously deliver value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us re-imagine the industry.
About the Team:
In our Toyota Connected Mobility team, you will work with other Software Engineer, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to live stream data from our vehicles and harness the power of that data to help us build amazing products and experiences for our customers. This team impacts the products and services that Toyota Connected is able to create, and helps other companies utilize data to solve global issues.
Toyota Connected is looking for a Software Engineer who will design, develop and participate in testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. The Mobility team is building the next generation of flexible rental applications for Toyota and Lexus vehicles. You will help to take product features from concept to production and incorporate customer feedback to build the best possible product.
- Help design and develop software for modern products
- Be hands-on and lead by example by following best practices in development, microservices design, and CI/CD methodologies
- Operate in an iterative agile development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- You are smart, motivated and you can demonstrate it
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer for web scale products and services
- Solid experience in Java, Scala, Python, Go, Ruby, C++, Node.js and/or C# and have designed and implemented end-to-end solutions
- Must be willing to learn and develop applications in Java, Scala, and/or Python
- Experience implementing microservices
- Experience working in a public cloud (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) production environment
- Familiar with Frontend technologies is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Know when and how to write tests and know how to optimize for performance and drive standards for maintainability
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Computer Science would be of value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested Day One.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability
- Annual gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.