If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Labs Team. In Labs, you will work with other talented engineers to use Machine Learning, NLP, and other cutting-edge technology to transform the customer experience with their vehicle. From making it possible to start your car and check fuel range in the comforts of your home to enhancing the communication with our vehicles and how our vehicles communicate with each other and the world around us, Labs makes driving a Toyota or Lexus a high-class experience.
This Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations for a cutting edge microservice based platform. Ideal candidates will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment while working on a Toyota Connected product. This is a progressive and collaborative environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but the passion for the above is a fit.
- Proactively identify performance improvements in areas like responsiveness, availability and scale
- Manage, evolve and build CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain, support and build out infrastructure and services currently operating on AWS, GCP, other providers
- Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment including fixed wireline networking and wireless with distributed systems and applications
- Assist in building world-class, multi-cloud capable, state-of-the-art products by:
- Automating build processes
- Incorporating static code quality tools
- Helping identify code promotion qualities
- Including A/B, Canary, Blue/Green deployment patterns
- Building highly resilient cloud eco-systems capable of high availability and scale
- Shipping to Azure, AWS, or GCP
- With Docker containers, Kubernetes as an orchestrator, or as full VMs with base images
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you're comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP) and Agile environments
- Strong experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Solid Linux experience
- Experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with scripting and orchestration including Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, AppDynamics, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or equivalent
- Experience with a service mesh using Istio or equivalent is a plus
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested Day One.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Annual gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.