6 Month+ Contract Opportunity
Toyota Connected has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scrum Master to join our expanding team. You will be a true servant leader to a team of highly skilled development professionals. Your primary role will be helping to build high performing and self-sustaining teams while growing a healthy, collaborative, and continuously improving engineering culture.
You should be an expert in team building, business agility, lean product delivery, and have at least 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master on a team with proven and demonstrable results in that role. You should be able to talk in great detail about agility, the Scrum Framework, and product delivery in an empirical environment, and be able to present on ad hoc topics as requested.
You are first and foremost a team coach, and should be able to describe what this means in depth.
- You're smart and can demonstrate it
- Proven track record at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams and leaders towards rapidly delivering high impact, high quality software in a sustainable fashion.
- Deep expertise in helping teams build and develop trust, safety, and effective communication.
- Experience and expertise in multiple agile approaches (Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe, Lean, etc), and ability and flexibility to adapt approach to fit team and product environment.
- Relevant practitioner level certifications (PSMII/CSP) are preferred.
- Experience with full SW development life cycle and advocating for modern agile software development and organizational practices.
- Committed to the development of all team members and continuous development of capability within the department
- Committed to continuous learning and able to demonstrate a pattern of personal development in agility.
- Not afraid to raise issues and inspire change while being comfortable dealing with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Technical experience developing software, portfolio level planning, and/or business experience is preferred.
- Help grow a collaborative and continuously improving engineering culture.
- Teach and serve as example to the team of Scrum and agile values and principals.
- Coach and give feedback to individuals (including senior leadership) and teams.
- As a Scrum Master, facilitate Scrum Events when requested by the team
- Deliver effective conflict resolution between individuals and teams
- Be an assertive but friendly and communicative person with first class interpersonal skills
- Be an expert in estimation and planning techniques and be able to explain and teach release planning in an empirical environment
- Advocate for modern agile software development and organizational practices, such as XP, CI/CD, Devops, TDD, etc.
- Have excellent visualization skills and be able to explain and create visual radiators
- Help individuals, teams, and programs to clarify goals and actions to achieve them
- Be a master of techniques to improve the efficiency of the development team
- Deliver effective methods and practices for managing and resolving impediments
- Coach and support a Product Owner in effective techniques for backlog creation, management, and refinement
- Demonstrate effective techniques for managing team interruptions, and for protecting the team in a sprint
- Work beyond team boundaries to improve efficiencies, flow of work, and value delivered.
- Be able to explain the differences between various Scrum Scaling frameworks and approaches
- Provide scaling expertise to align multiple agile teams, collaborate and facilitate planning with large groups, coach Chief Product Owners on managing scaled product backlog of epics and features, and facilitate decision making with Product Owners, and Principal Architects.
- Create and maintain team happiness, and demonstrate effective techniques for building happy teams
- Demonstrated deep system level thinking and proven ability to impact whole program dynamics
- Be a genuine self-starter needing no prompting to get going, and be able to observe and then take action to improve the team delivery
What’s in it for you?
In addition to excellent compensation, you’ll also receive:
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.