If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Labs Team. In Labs, you will work with other talented engineers to use Machine Learning, NLP, and other cutting-edge technology to transform the customer experience with their vehicle. From making it possible to start your car and check fuel range in the comforts of your home to enhancing the communication with our vehicles and how our vehicles communicate with each other and the world around us, Labs makes driving a Toyota or Lexus a high-class experience.
Toyota Connected is looking for a Backend Developer who will design, develop and participate in testing and documentation of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. The Labs team is focused on creating products and services for next generation Connected vehicle systems and the team members are required to be creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done. This is a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality matches such an environment.
What you will do:
- Design and develop software to develop cutting edge solutions
- Be hands-on and lead from the front in following best practices in development, microservices design and CI/CD methodologies
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile (Scrum) development environment and deliver significant functionality every week
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
You are a successful candidate if you:
- Are smart and can demonstrate it.
- Have 3+ years of experience as a software developer for web scale products and services
- Have strong experience in Golang, Python, Java, Scala, Clojure, and/or C++ and implemented key aspects of an end-to-end solution
- Willing to learn and develop applications in Golang
- Are good about creating unit tests, optimizing performance and ensuring standards for maintainability
- You can manage ambiguity and are comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- You are confident in expressing your point of view from a position of knowledge and experience. You are also receptive to feedback and open to revising your plans when appropriate
- We think the knowledge acquired earning a degree in Computer Science would be of great value in this position, but if you're smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time
It will be Nice if you have:
- Have experience implementing microservices (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Have experience in design and development using DB (RDBMS, NoSQL) and caching (e.g Redis) solutions, especially in microservices environment
- Have experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Have Public cloud technology experience in production (Azure, AWS, or Equivalent)
- Front-end development experience
- Hands-on experience delivering products or solutions that utilized Machine learning, NLP or other forms of AI - with tools such as Scikit-learn, Tensor flow, Keras, Theano / Spacy, NLTK, etc
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an excellent compensation and benefits package, you’ll also receive:
- A Career Path that allows you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual $2,000 Training Budget to help you grow and develop.
- Unlimited time off and flexibility for a great worklife balance. At TC you'll be treated like the professional we know you are and left to manage your own time and work load.
- Four months of paid parental leave. We want new moms and dads to have an opportunity to bond with their new little bundles of joy.
- 401(k) with generous company match that is fully vested Day One.
- Toyota and Lexus vehicle discounts to allow you to drive in style.
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability
- Annual gym membership reimbursement. We have a Toyota Connected fit club that loves plank competitions!
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.