If you want to change the way the world works, transform the automotive industry and positively impact others on a global scale, then Toyota Connected is the right place for you! Within our collaborative, fast-paced environment we focus on continual improvement and work in a highly iterative way to deliver exceptional value in the form of connected products and services that wow and delight our customers and the world around us. Come help us reimagine what mobility can be today and for years to come!
About the Team:
Toyota Connected is expanding our Labs Team. In Labs, you will work with other talented engineers to use Machine Learning, NLP, and other cutting-edge technology to transform the customer experience with their vehicle. From making it possible to start your car and check fuel range in the comforts of your home to enhancing the communication with our vehicles and how our vehicles communicate with each other and the world around us, Labs makes driving a Toyota or Lexus a high-class experience.
6 Month+ Contract
Do you want to change the way the world works?
Do you love to inspire and innovate?
Do you want to build solutions that are used by millions of people every day?
If so, we are looking for a Data Engineer like you to solve complex problems at Toyota Connected.
The Toyota Data Services Platform enables Toyota cars to communicate to the cloud and powers our engineering and data science teams to build efficient streaming solutions, smart analytic products and dashboards. We are looking for a Data Engineer in this team to help make these data pipelines more efficient and contribute to the design and development of data services for the customers of this platform.
What you will do:
- Operate in a highly-iterative Agile development environment
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines in cloud to process unstructured big data
- Think independently to solve difficult data problems
- Work closely with product owners and other team members to deliver next generation connected car data services
- Build data expertise and own data quality for ingestion pipelines
- Make information available to large scale, next generation, predictive analytics applications
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Develop and recommend innovative solutions and approaches to solving business and technical problems
- Standardize terminology and transformation of data through the architectural zones
- Skilled in Python and preferably in one or more programming languages like C++, Java, Go, etc
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL based database solutions
- Public cloud technology experience in production (Azure, AWS, or Equivalent)
- 3+ years of collective experience in data engineering and data analysis
- 2+ years of experience architecting, building and administering large-scale distributed applications
- Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc) on large scale unstructured data sets is a plus
- Familiarity with distributed data stores like Elasticsearch is a plus
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts is a plus
What’s in it for you?
In addition to excellent compensation, you’ll also receive:
- Annual Patent-a-thons and Hackathons to embrace your superior creative thinking ability.
- Free catered lunches every day. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.