Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀).
We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become THE household brand for multi-day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago, and GetYourGuide.
You have a passion for sales and travel and love to infect others with your ravenous drive?! Don’t think twice and join our dream team as Teamlead Sales B2C US - New York (f/m/x).
Your role and responsibilities:
- You run a team of sales managers (about 7 to 10 employees) and create a positive work environment making sure to keep the channels of communication open at all times.
- You play a key role in launching our business in the US market successfully, setting up and leading our first sales team for this market
- Together with your team you handle the entire sales process while being responsible for a smooth run.
- You coach, train and motivate your team.
- You agree on ambitious sales targets together with your team and make sure they will be accomplished on a weekly basis.
- You continuously optimize and implement improvements.
We can promise you:
- Above market salary (adequate base salary plus performance-based bonus), 401k & health benefits
- Incentive trips: you can regularly travel to the most exciting destinations around the globe which will allow you to get to know the local cultures and also our partners on a personal level; this way, you can double your annual vacation time by hitting your targets!
- True international exposure - we have four offices across Germany and the US, 35 nationalities among our people - and this is just the beginning ...
- Regular coaching and on-the-job training with external coaches and experienced mentors
- A modern office in the heart of Downtown Manhattan with the usuals - free coffee, breakfast, office yoga, regular company events, and team outings ...
- An open, transparent and caring company culture, a highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
This makes you a great candidate:
- You have completed your studies in the field of tourism, management or a related field and ideally have leadership qualities and worked in sales for 2-3 years.
- You were born a sales person, always friendly and professional in appearance as well as enthusiastic and convincing in any means of communication.
- You know how to work autonomously and in a structured manner and therefore manage to motivate and coach your team and achieve your goals.
- You are home everywhere in the world.
- You demonstrate strong (native) written and verbal skills in the English language and are proficient with the common programs of the MS Office Suite and ideally Salesforce.com
** Tourlane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.