Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀).
We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product.
We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become THE household brand for multi-day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago, and GetYourGuide.
For our US senior management team, we are looking for a Director Travel Sales B2C (f/m/x) - a manager, coach & mentor to build, steer and grow a large, nationwide team of empathic, caring & passionate travel experts to deliver: The best experience in travel!
Your role and responsibilities:
- You are an entrepreneur at heart - your role is sales. You join to build a business, together with your peers and your customer focus does not end with the sale to a customer
- You build and steer the Tourlane US travel sales teams across multiple locations, as a dynamic mix between remote and on-site travel experts
- You are “servant leader”, a coach and a “do-er”, love the hands-on, direct interaction with customers and people
- You lead by example, are world-class at B2C sales yourself and able to train, mentor and coach with ease
- You have a proven track record of building and growing high-performance teams - especially across multiple cities, leveraging modern remote and part-time working models
- As part of the leadership team, you help set and commit on ambitious sales and quality targets & own their fulfillment
- You hustle to increase quality, effectiveness, and efficiency within sales as well as creative and respectful collaboration and communication between functions and teams
- You are integral in recruiting & planning in partnership with HR and other functions
- You create and maintain a strong performance culture of accountability and ownership - based on psychological safety, empathy, and care.
- You measure your work and our customer experience against the best in the world & constantly seek to push the envelope.
We can promise you:
- An open, transparent and caring company culture, a highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
- True international exposure - we have four offices across Germany and the US, 35 nationalities among our people - and this is just the beginning…
- Above-market package incl. 401k, stock options in our global company and health insurance benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Regular coachings and on-the-job training sessions with external coaches and experienced mentors
- A modern office environment - including the usuals: free coffee, breakfast, office yoga, regular company events, and team outings, ...
This makes you a great candidate:
- Minimum 4-5 years of B2C phone sales experience in fast-paced/high-performance environments - of which 2+ years of top-performing sales people management & coaching experience
- A mix of raw intelligence, human-touch sensitivity, and a tried&tested toolbox of frameworks, protocols & processes you apply to help your people and the organization grow
- Bulletproof problem-solving skills, clear structure, and self-organization
- A palpable sense of urgency and drive to spark passion & energy in others
- Visible passion for customer advocacy across departments and helping others reach their highest potential
- Ability to comfortably give and receive constructive criticism & feedback
- Continuously impeccable collaboration, in a team an environment
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken communication, at all levels of seniority - paired with being caring & sensible as person
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
** Tourlane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.