Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀). We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia. Our vision is to become THE household brand for multi-day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago, and GetYourGuide.
If you are looking to join a young and innovative company with a great, passionate team and you share our passion for traveling, then apply to join us as Travel Customer Service Agent US!
Your role and responsibilities:
- You are the voice of Tourlane, managing the first interaction with our customers by discussing their initial travel plans over the phone
- Over the course of the call, you create a specific request together with the customer and match it with the best travel expert within our team
- You will only be on the phone with clients that already indicated a specific initial interest to travel by filling out a questionnaire on our website
- You are passionate and friendly in a way that will inspire and excite our potential customers to enter a long-term relationship with us
We can promise you:
- Open and transparent company culture, a highly motivated team and many opportunities for personal and professional development
- Extensive knowledge & skill on-boarding and continuous learning opportunities for our destinations around the world
- Fixed working hours and clear shifts, Mondays through Saturdays
- Competitive salary (From $15 - $18 / hour depending on experience)
- Regular coaching and on-the-job training with external coaches and experienced mentors
- Modern office in Manhattan’s Seaport District with free coffee, drinks and regular team and company events
This makes you a great candidate:
- You are experienced in dealing with all types of customers on a high volume / fast-pace basis
- You are driven and positive in your appearance as well as a great communicator, you understand customer needs well and know to ask the right questions to obtain essential information from them
- You possess a palpable sense of urgency and drive to spark passion & energy in others
- You know how to work diligently both on your own as well as collaboratively in order to achieve your own and your team's goals
- You are willing to learn and further develop yourself within our team, you are open and receptive to constructive criticism and feedback
- You demonstrate native written and verbal skills in the English language and are familiar with the common programs of the MS Office Suite
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
** Tourlane is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.