Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experiences to the most breath-taking destinations in the world. We seamlessly connect people with our travel experts to create personalized trips and deliver meaningful memories in every step of the journey. We offer trips such as camping safaris in the Serengeti, diving in the Galapagos, or hiking trips through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
- A newly formed team that is eager to grow - you’ll have influence from day 1
- Excited by data, modeling and dashboards
- Having a big impact on decision making! We determine the trends and demonstrate analytical, creative and innovative problem solving skills to recommend solutions based on business insights
- Working in a cross-functional team with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts to improve our data infrastructure
- Using Python, Ruby, Jupyter Notebook, Looker, and Metabase (and are open to trying new tools!)
- Have a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Possess minimum 3-years experience in a BI, data analyst, data scientist or other quantitative/ analytical role
- Show excellent understanding and hands on experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Evaluate machine learning algorithms and data usage like a pro!
- Can undertake data collection, processing and analysis like a secret mission and can crack the case with structured and unstructured data.
- Implement and maintain data models to help our stakeholders make data driven decisions
- Are a ninja with SQL
- Are proficient in Python, R or other scripting languages, knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks will be a plus
- Knowledge of data science toolkits such as Pandas or Scikit-Learn is a plus
- Are a proactive go-getter who can make decisions independently and confidently
- Communicate and present your data in a way that everyone understands. Through interpretive dance? As long as you're a strong communicator (in English) the rest is up to you!
- Usual perks of a Berlin startup: Central office, free drinks, müsli, fruits, office dogs, and team events
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at conferences
- A diverse team of over 35 nationalities not discriminating about sexuality, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability and anything we may have missed.
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
Sounds interesting? Apply now, we are excited to get to know you!