Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?🚀). We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product. We offer trips such as a camping safari in the Serengeti, a diving trip in Galapagos or a hiking trip through Patagonia.
Our vision is to become the leading tech company for multi day tours and to create the best experience in travel for our customers. We are backed by top tier investors, including Sequoia (US), Spark Capital (US), DN Capital (UK) and Holtzbrinck Ventures (Germany) as well as the founders of AirBnb, Trivago and GetYourGuide.
Tourlane - travel made human, unique, smart & sustainable.
- You'll become a member of the newly formed, cross-functional Data & Analytics team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts. You'll take over ownership of existing data pipelines, adapting and optimising them as necessary to suit increasing demand in reliable and meaningful data stored in our Data Warehouse.
- You'll plan and execute on adding new data sources, making sure stakeholders can use well-modeled data to answer their questions.
- You contribute in shaping the company-wide data strategy, having an engineer's voice and architecting a modern and future-proof data infrastructure while ensuring you and your team deliver in small increments in a timely manner.
- You're an advocate for self-service data platforms, passionate about data-informed/data-driven decision making, and eager to support your colleagues across departments in using data for their purposes.
- Very experienced in at least one high-level programming language, e.g. Python, Ruby, Scala, …
- Outstandingly proficient in building resilient and scalable data processing pipelines, monitoring and scaling them as necessary as well as in data modeling and preparing it for analysis
- Deeply familiar with the ETL/ELT approaches and their pros and cons
- Very experienced in running queries in raw SQL and optimising queries for performance
- Proficient user of cloud technologies, preferably AWS, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, …
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with collecting business performance metrics
- Experience in building stream processing systems using Kafka and Spark Streaming
- Previous experience in tracking user events, e.g. using the Snowplow stack
- Usual perks of a startup/tech company: free drinks, müsli, fruits, team events, ...
- Yearly educational budget and the opportunity to attend at tech conferences
- The chance to work with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, GoEuro and many more
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips
Sounds interesting? Apply now, we are excited to get to know you!