Looking to work for an awesome team? You've come to the right place! Our developers are a tight-knit group helping drive substantial product development as we continue to grow. Fix it, Ship it, Own it is our department mantra and we try to live it daily. We value shipping quality code that delivers end-to-end functionality and then iterating and improving on that code using feedback loops from our observability stack.
TouchBistro is looking for Data Reliability Engineers. Our POS system is evolving and our customers are demanding more product capabilities and more flexibility with the current feature set. As a member of the Technology team, you will have the chance to work on some of our current product's cloud-backed features to help deliver and iterate on solutions that meet these demands.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Services as a Data Reliability Engineer, you will be a member of the Data Services team who are responsible for building, operating, and maintaining the data pipelines, infrastructure, and tooling to fuel the organization's data needs. Your role will be to expand and optimize our data sources and data pipelines at TouchBistro. Whether that data is generated from our restaurant platforms, originates from our internal systems, or is shared to us by our partners your contributions will enable us to harness the full potential of data across TouchBistro.
- Work alongside the development & data services teams & enable them to release code quickly and securely in production
- Improve system reliability through disaster recovery, high availability & fault tolerance initiatives
- Suggest & implement continuous improvements & automations for application infrastructure & security
- Participate in system design, reviews & best practice discussions
- Design and build data structures, data pipelines, and data infrastructure leveraging the variety of sources across the organization
- Document data sources, data structures, data flows, and data infrastructure to share knowledge and understanding of the solutions being implemented
- Contribute to the development of reporting solutions for the TouchBistro product by crafting queries, providing APIs, and delivering tools to enable other development teams to deliver data views
- Fix it! Ship it! Own it!
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 3-5 years experience in AWS services, focusing mainly on cloud networking, EC2/ECS, RDS, S3/Cloudfront, Route53/Cloud Map, ACM & Cloud Security Best Practices,
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform or similar)
- Working knowledge of configuration management software/tools. (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience with application & infrastructure performance monitoring (Amazon CloudWatch, New Relic, Datadog) with good understanding of APM & Log aggregation.
- Experience in working with UNIX-like operating systems, virtualization, containers (Docker), orchestration with ECS/EKS or similar, and core networking concepts
- Ability to create custom tools & automations using scripting or programming languages and toolsets, preferably Go & Python.
- Understanding of CI/CD systems (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins etc) and experienced in building & maintaining application deployment pipelines.
- Able to occasionally work out of hours and be part of an on-call rotation
- Software Engineering experience
- Advanced Networking concepts in AWS
- Experience in developing with AWS SDK/CDKs
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, extended long weekends, lunches and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process