We're looking for an experienced, product-focused design leader to lead our product design team. In this role, you’ll work with the Product team to ideate, implement, launch and measure the success of user experiences across all TouchBistro product lines.
You’ll play a key part in our mission to help restaurants increase their sales through multi-channel guest engagement, improve their guest experience online and in-venue, and have access to the data & analytics they need to make better business decisions that’ll drive operational efficiency - whether they have one or 100 locations.
Design Strategy & Operations
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, competitors, consumer trends, and the restaurant technology market through product metrics, user research and market analysis to drive UX strategy across our various restaurant & consumer experiences
- Advocate for design thinking across all teams and facilitate cross-functional ideation sessions to solve complex user problems
- Represent the Design practice within the Product & Development organization
- Contribute to Design Systems and manage design tools and process
Collaboration & Delivery
- Work closely with Product leadership to set quarterly goals and execute against the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Delivery, Analytics and key customer-facing team members to conceptualize usable, consistent and intuitive experiences across multiple products and platforms
- Drive the strategy, vision and design of these merchant and consumer experiences with the goal of delivering high quality customer and user discovery, onboarding, learning, and adoption of digital experiences that tie back to our big picture vision
- Oversee a team of Product Designers who are tasked to produce compelling designs, concepts and ideas through sketches, information architecture diagrams, user flows, wireframes, low and high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes
- Be responsible for determining and measuring success metrics, and reporting on team success as it aligns to product and company goals
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 7+ years’ Senior Design experience, with experience managing direct reports
- You have a degree, diploma or certificate in Design, HCI or another design-related discipline
- Previous experience leading and mentoring high performing Designers and Researchers at different stages of their careers
- You’ve designed SMB and/or Enterprise B2B software -- bonus if it was for Restaurant, Retail, Payments or Billing & Accounting
- You’re equal mix Player/Coach, and you’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves and helping your team reach goals
- You think big picture but are not afraid to jump into the weeds, whether it’s providing feedback on UI and copy, or helping with designs when the team is juggling multiple projects
- You know how to balance the need for both quality and speed, and you strive to get experiences into customers’ hands fast & often, to ultimately deliver the best possible results
- E2E mindset: Experience bringing user experiences from research and ideation to launch and ongoing success
- Bonus: You’ve worked on a Freemium or Free Trial offering that drove product-led user and revenue growth and/or you’ve designed e-commerce experiences
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro you’ll join a fun, vibrant and rapid growth environment where you’ll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits and more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process