Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are searching for a talented Drug Discovery Scientist to help support our pipeline of novel covalent drugs. Reporting to the Executive Director of Biology, you will be instrumental in advancing novel drug candidates through early-stage discovery biology and lead candidate selection and optimization. You will be responsible for generating key sets of data to advance drug candidates toward preclinical and clinical development.
- You will work in close coordination with the Platform and Medicinal Chemistry teams to develop and implement fit-for-purpose cell-based and/or biochemical-based assays to evaluate compound series directed against specific targets
- The cell-based and biochemical assays that you design and execute will be critical components to the project decision matrix and will be used to make go/no go decisions for the advancement of select molecules
- Your work will be a key component in understanding the relationship between compound structure and intended molecular and cellular activity
- You will participate in tactical planning to optimize, prioritize, and seamlessly integrate assay workflow to meet company goals and objectives
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- A BSc in Cell Biology or Biochemistry with at least 5 – 15 years of experience in an industry drug discovery setting or MS/PhD in Cell Biology or related discipline with 0-5+ years of postdoctoral/industrial pharmaceutical experience
- This is a lab-based position. You will have a thorough appreciation for laboratory operation and safety.
- Technical excellence in cellular systems and in vitro models of diseases, including mammalian cell culture and human/rodent primary cell culture
- Experience and thorough understanding of a suite of techniques including molecular biology and biochemical assays (TR-FRET, HTRF, AlphaLISA), transfections, and ddPCR/, qPCR, protein quantification including MSD, ELISA, ProteinSimple and Western analysis
- You will have had experience in managing assay workflow and organizing time and resources to execute project goals efficiently
- An ability to work in a highly dynamic and multidisciplinary environment, and to be comfortable coordinating in-house research activities and those of CROs and/or external partner
- Culture is key at Totus Medicines – you will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and free-spirited organization. In this regard, you will bring you to Totus
- Your experience will have given you a keen technical sense of assay design and data analysis but also will have cultured within you a creative spark to address your work in innovative ways
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself