Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
In this role you will:
- Execute the synthesis of DNA-encoded libraries (DELs) and contribute to their design
- Work collaboratively with the Totus Platform and Medicinal Chemistry teams and external vendors in the development and synthesis of on-DNA compounds
- Foster a highly collaborative interdisciplinary scientific environment
- Contribute to the innovation of novel on-DNA chemistries
- Analyze and purify on-DNA compounds and DELs
- Mentor and lead junior team members
- Ph.D. training with experience in organic chemistry and/or organic chemistry methodology development. Postdoctoral experience or 1+ years of industry experience preferred. Experience with DEL chemistry is beneficial.
- Experience in modern chemistry techniques in compound synthesis, purification, and reaction monitoring.
- Experience in the design and synthesis of covalent inhibitors is a plus
- Experience in purchase and maintenance of instrumentation utilized in a synthetic chemistry laboratory is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively across scientific disciplines
- Adept at searching literature and using modern tools to aid in design of synthetic schemes
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself