Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are seeking a talented Senior Research Associate / Research Associate to help support our DNA-encoded library (DEL) screening team.
In this role you will:
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
- Working with supervision to design experiments, interpret data, and propose next steps.
- Perform mammalian cell culture experiments including transfection and lysis.
- Prepare DNA-encoded small molecules through molecular biology techniques.
- Run selection and pull-down experiments to support DEL screening.
- Perform NGS amplicon preparations, qPCR QC, and execute NGS runs.
- Execute above steps using liquid handling automation to improve data quality and productivity.
- Coordinate with DEL chemistry group for hit resynthesis.
- Collaboratively support the advancement of compounds through initial DEL selection data, hit resynthesis, and early hit expansion.
- Working on novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision-making.
- Contributing to scientific strategies and goals within a team setting.
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual and group meetings.
- B.S. (2-10 years industry experience) or Masters (0-5 years industry experience) or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with DNA-encoded libraries, NGS, and/or other selection technologies in an industrial or academic setting.
- Expertise with at least one aspect of workflow above, desire to learn the rest.
- Knowledge of industry safety standards in chemistry labs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player; comfortable and effective in a collaborative research environment.
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself