Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
About the Role:
The candidate will lead Totus’ platform chemistry team and effort to design, synthesize, and advance a series of robust, high quality chemical libraries. This will also include enabling rapid hit follow-up chemistry approaches. This role will also participate in building out Totus’ internal infrastructure and capabilities to consistently develop ever-evolving chemical libraries. This role will also work to advance the frontier of high throughput chemistry techniques with a focus on DNA-encoded library techniques.
- Drive DNA-encoded library chemistry effort through in-house and external chemistry efforts
- Design continuous DNA-encoded and small molecule libraries
- Build follow-on off-DNA synthesis approaches
- Develop a deep understanding of affinity-based screening and contribute to the advancement of the Magellan platform
- Accountable for the strategy, design, synthesis, and inventory of DNA-encoded libraries with the goals of improving platform capabilities
- Contribute to publications, presentations, and collaborations that enhance the visibility of the team
- PhD in Chemistry with 5+ years of experience in the design and synthesis of parallel chemistry libraries
- Experience formulating and implementing a strategic research plan
- Hands-on experience building large chemical libraries
- Hands-on experience with affinity selection screening techniques, especially DELs,
- Experience working with endogenously expressed membrane proteins, protein complexes, and/or other similar protein targets.
- Strong data literacy, analysis, and visualization skills of large data sets, especially related to small molecule screening outcomes. Experience with R, python, or equivalent, and/or Spotfire is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with robotic liquid handlers (e.g., Agilent Bravo) is a plus.
- Demonstrated strengths in high performance behaviors, such as building relationships, flexible thinking, and enabling/driving change.
- Demonstrated strong scientific leadership as well as excellent written and oral communication, including publication(s) in peer reviewed journals
- Demonstrated an ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself