Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are searching for a talented Drug Discovery Biologist to help support our burgeoning pipeline of novel covalent drugs. Reporting to the Director of Biology, you will be instrumental in advancing novel drug candidates through early-stage discovery biology and lead candidate selection. You will be responsible for generating key sets of data with which to help advance drug candidates toward preclinical and clinical development.
How you will contribute
- You will work in close coordination with the Platform and Medicinal Chemistry teams to develop and implement fit-for-purpose cell based and/or biochemical based assays to evaluate compound series directed against specific targets.
- The cell-based and biochemical assays that you help design and execute will be critical components to the project decision matrix and will be used to make go/no go decisions for the advancement of select molecules
- Your work will be a key component in understanding the relationship between compound structure and intended molecular and cellular activity.
- You will participate in tactical planning to optimize, prioritize, and seamlessly integrate assay workflow to meet company goals and objectives
What you will bring
- A BSc in Cell Biology or Biochemistry with at least 3 years of experience in an industry drug discovery setting
- This is a lab-based position. You will have an appreciation for laboratory operation and a respect for laboratory safety.
- You will have had experience in managing assay workflow and organizing time and resources to execute project goals efficiently
- Culture is key at Totus Medicines – you will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and free-spirited organization. In this regard, you will bring you to Totus.
- Your experience will have given you a keen technical sense of assay design and data analysis but also will have cultured within you a creative spark to address your work in innovative ways.
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself