Totus Medicines, an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech, is just emerging from stealth. With a $40M Series A, Totus is poised to revolutionize drug discovery. For the first time, Totus is enabling genome-scale drug discovery to allow the identification of precision medicines for hard-to-drug targets. At its core, Totus is a chemical biology company. Totus’ novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies. Totus has pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers and plans for its first program to enter Phase I by end of 2022. Totus also plans to expand their platform to create therapeutics targeted at neurodegeneration, infectious diseases, and others. We are searching for talented, passionate, high-energy candidates to join our growing team.
We are looking for an energetic research associate with excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have a high level of organization and attention to detail, as well as hands-on experience with chemical biology techniques such as cell culture, high throughput screening, small molecule design, and protein chemistry. This position will help discover novel small-molecule ligands of protein targets through the execution of screens using our novel platform.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Totus also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes a Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO program with medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to reliably implement complex laboratory protocols in multi-well format
- Experience with multi-channel approaches, liquid-handling robots, and integrated lab automation systems is strongly preferred
- Excellent organization and communication skills; ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively; attention to detail and good documentation habits
- Be a team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Utilization of assay design techniques, quality control and execution of medium- to high- throughput 96/384 well assay formats, such as AlphaLISA, ELISA, quantitative Bioluminescent/ Fluorescence assays, and other biophysical/biochemical approaches
- Leverage and think about principles behind multiple assay platforms for measuring target engagement and biophysical approaches
- Openness to mastering additional target engagement techniques.
- Staying abreast of the latest scientific and competitive developments and applying knowledge to project strategy. Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans)
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Apply excellent organizational and prioritization skills; demonstrate accomplished biologic and biochemical academic record with laboratory experience. Analyze data using strong background in quantitative sciences.
- Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans)
- Partner with diverse project teams in complex scheduling of work and generation of data in support of drug discovery and development programs. Troubleshoot through technical and scientific challenges in order to deliver critical data. Organize experimental results to be shared with project teams; openly communicate with chemistry team
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn drug discovery approaches in biochemical and cellular target engagement is a requirement. Strong theoretical knowledge in cell biology, biophysics and biochemistry is a plus.
- Prior hands-on experience in analyzing protein-protein or protein-ligand interactions is a plus. Knowledge, theory behind and experience with protein expression, recombinant protein expression would be a plus.
- Training in high-throughput techniques is a plus and will be provided as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Prism, etc.
- BA/BS or MS with strong interest in contributing to the discovery of novel small molecule drugs with in an innovative Pharma/Biotech environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself