Totus Medicines is an innovative therapeutic drug discovery biotech that has developed a platform focused on targeted covalent drugs. This novel proprietary platform allows screening at a rate more than 100,000 times faster than competitive technologies and has the potential to expand the spectrum of drug targets to be screened for any disease process.
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and strategic leader to head the scientific data architecture and engineering team. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, you will bring expertise in data science, systems architecture, and software engineering. You will be tasked with helping to build a world-class data science platform to drive forward medical discoveries to help save lives. You will be part of a dynamic organization and therefore you should be comfortable in a “building-mode” biotech setting where you will shape the company’s scientific strategy, culture, and mission. If this role excites you, reach out to Totus today.
How You Will Contribute
- Establish, hire, and lead a team focused on building out a scaled scientific data pipeline to support data analytics, data modeling and knowledge capture.
- Provide technical leadership, strategy, and expertise in all aspects of data warehousing, Cloud computing and Big Data analysis pipelining
- Create an environment of innovation and entrepreneurship that enables a scalable data architecture to support all scientific data across the organization
- Provide hands-on system design, software engineering and overall systems architecture support for the organization
- Interact and form strategic partnerships with key stakeholders across the discovery and development platforms
- Be a close collaborative partner the with lab IT and computational science functions
- Provide mentorship and development of the team and contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration
What You Bring
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. with 6+ years of industry experience in data science, and systems architecture in a life science setting
- Proven leadership experience in driving teams towards common scientific goals and in creating innovative solutions across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to reliably implement efficient and robust data pipelines and in setting-up and managing an AWS environment
- Familiarity with data systems including Oracle OLAP and OLTP, SQL, PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Vertica, Allegrograph, Snowflake, Java, JEE6, Tomcat, Wildfly, Glassfish, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Mahout, SOAP, REST, Semantic Modeling, Semantic Integration, R, RapidMiner, Weka, Artificial Neural Networks, Decision Trees, JIRA, Scrum, Lingaumatics
- Track record of successfully implementing and impacting data analysis pipelines
- Bioinformatics and ‘omics data knowledge is a plus as is a working understanding of taxonomies and controlled vocabulary
- Adaptability and eagerness to troubleshoot or adjust to scientific changes as necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and contribute to critical decision making
- Big picture thinking with an enthusiasm to drive data science methods forward and work collaboratively to help develop novel therapies for patients.
What We Offer
A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
A diverse work atmosphere
The chance to be part of a growing startup and the next success story
The opportunity to shape our company culture
Constant learning and dynamic challenges to help you grow and be the best version of yourself