Torn Banner Studios is an exciting independent video game company located in Toronto, Canada. Best known for our multi-million-copy selling Chivalry franchise, passion and innovation are the core elements of everything we do. We are a team of 150 that truly love games and are lucky enough to be following our dreams, thanks to the incredible support from our communities of players. Join us as we continue to grow and help build our exciting new projects!
Character Rigging Artist
As a Character Rigging & Skinning Artist you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. You’ll be working directly with studio leadership, our animators and the character art department to bring our characters to life. The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in participating in the tools and rigging pipeline as a whole and has a strong sense of quality.
- Create high-quality Character Rigs with realistic human deformation.
- Integrate skinned character meshes into the game engine.
- Work in collaboration with other animators, designers, and character artists to meet expected deadlines.
- Develop and improve in-game rigging systems and tools in collaboration with animators and designers.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a technical animator / rigging artist in the gaming industry, preferably next-gen.
- A strong portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of a variety of high quality character rigs.
- Experience building and maintaining a rigging pipeline.
- Proficient with Maya and Motionbuilder.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine (or other AAA game engines).
- Proficient in Python for pipeline and tooling support.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking.
- Flexibility to work with a team operating across multiple time zones.
- The drive and the ability to take on research and self-education.
- An understanding and passion for video games.
- Scripting expertise (Python/Mel) to create and support Animation and Rigging tool sets.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms.
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters.
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.