Torn Banner Studios is an exciting independent video game company located in Toronto, Canada. Best known for our multi-million-copy selling Chivalry franchise, passion and innovation are the core elements of everything we do. We are a team of 130 that truly love games and are lucky enough to be following our dreams, thanks to the incredible support from our communities of players. Join us as we continue to grow and help build our exciting new projects!
About the Role
Our ideal candidate possesses an excellent grasp of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer experience. This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team.
- Drive the design of your levels through iteration from paper design to final product
- Understand and evangelize the creative direction of a level in collaboration with directors and other stakeholders.
- Work with designers, artists, and other level designers to deliver multiplayer environments that embody the creative vision of the game
- Contribute in the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well
- Awareness over scope and risks of level features, and prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
- Relevant professional experience in FPS (or similar) multiplayer level design.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality level designs for multiplayer FPS games.
- Ability to display process work such as paper maps, grey box levels, and documentation.
- Expert within the Unreal Engine or similar engines.
- Experience with Unreal blueprints or other visual scripting systems
- Knowledge of building levels with modular assets.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to define playtest goals and to process feedback for iterations and improvements.
- Ability to provide in-depth critique.
- Motivated and self-driven
- Familiarity working with version control (we use Perforce) and task-management software (we use Jira)
- Knowledge of architecture
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.