Torn Banner Studios is an exciting independent video game company located in Toronto, Canada. Best known for our multi-million-copy selling Chivalry franchise, passion and innovation are the core elements of everything we do. We are a team of 130 that truly love games and are lucky enough to be following our dreams, thanks to the incredible support from our communities of players. Join us as we continue to grow and help build our exciting new projects!
As an Animator, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. You’ll be working directly with studio leadership, animators and producers to bring our characters alive and realize both the gameplay and cinematic vision for our games.
- Create high-quality animations through Keyframe and Motion Capture data for gameplay, cinematics, and scripted events.
- Make sure your animations are integrated correctly into the game, reaching the expected quality bar.
- Work in collaboration with other animators and producers to meet expected deadlines.
- Work in collaboration with marketing to deliver high-quality screenshots and trailers.
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Deliver work in accordance with the animation direction of the project.
- At least 3 years of professional animation experience in the gaming industry.
- Work experience with Motion Builder and Maya.
- Gameplay Animation experience.
- Experience with realistic human animation.
- Flexibility to work with a team operating across multiple time zones.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and team involvement
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- The drive and the ability to take on research and self-education
- An animation reel demonstrating a relevant and high-level animation skillset.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and above
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters
- Cinematic experience
- Motion Capture experience
- Scripted events experience
- Rigging/Scripting experience
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.