Torn Banner Studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original. We are a small independent video game studio of around 80 developers in Toronto and we love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
About the Role
As a Senior Online Programmer, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of issues and challenges to tackle across various areas of the game. This will include the implementation of new features as well as debugging and optimizing existing ones. In addition, the role requires excellent communication skills as you will be collaborating closely with team members from other departments.
- At least 5 years professional video game programming experience
- Working experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud service providers
- Experience with matchmaking, analytics, and authentication systems
- Understanding of micro-services architecture
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- Predilection and the ability to take on research and self-education
- Willingness to work in Toronto is preferred, but remote opportunities are available
- Have, or are pursuing, a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent degree
- Experience developing and supporting backend services for large titles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.