Torn Banner Studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original. We are a small independent video game studio of around 80 developers in Toronto and we love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
About the Role
As an experienced DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks in support of the online services development team. You will own and drive the development and stability of Ci/Cd pipelines for online services at Torn Banner. This will include planning, implementing and troubleshooting the pipelines, as well as administering portions our cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate would have past experience implementing similar systems as well as a keen interest in learning new systems and technologies. They must be a team player, that takes pride in supporting others to do their best work.
- Work hand in hand with the online services developers to develop best practices to foster an environment of rapid iteration
- Be hands-on in the technical planning, implementation, and support of complete CI/CD pipelines
- Take shared ownership of our cloud infrastructure administration and monitoring solutions
- Collaborate and share your expertise with other infrastructure, IT, and build engineers
- Be a driving force in the continuous improvement of the development environment and practices
- 5+ years cumulated experience as a systems administrator or DevOps Engineer on large scale projects
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A deep understanding of DevOps tools, best practices, and infrastructure as code
- Solid understanding of hybrid and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Great organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment with a continual drive to learn and improve
- Willingness to work in Toronto is preferred, but remote opportunities are available
Nice To Have
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities
- Experience working with AAA video games with cross-platform functionality
- Previous work experience with distributed teams
- Any of the following supplementary skills*: Monitoring solutions, Database Management ( SQL, MondgoDb, Redshift ), Serverless computing (Lambda, Azure functions), Network management (VPN, DNS, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Security), Analytics Pipelines
*( None of the above are required, but any you posses might be put to use )
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.