Torn Banner Studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original. We are a small independent video game studio of around 80 developers in Toronto and we love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
About the Role:
Our ideal candidate possesses an excellent grasp of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer experience. This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team.
The Senior Multiplayer Level Designer must be prepared not only to help drive the Level Design team’s efforts but also to get detailed work done autonomously, acting as an integral part of the team.
- Drive the design of your levels through iteration from paper design to final product
- Understand and evangelize the creative direction of a level in collaboration with directors and other stakeholders.
- Work with designers, artists, and other level designers to deliver multiplayer environments that embody the creative vision of the game
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well
- Awareness over scope and risks of level features, and prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
- Relevant professional experience in multiplayer level design (FPS games or similar).
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality level designs for multiplayer FPS games.
- Ability to display process work such as paper maps, grey box levels, and documentation.
- Expert within the Unreal Engine or similar engines.
- Experience with Unreal blueprints or other visual scripting systems
- Knowledge of building levels with modular assets.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to define playtest goals and to process feedback for iterations and improvements.
- Ability to provide in-depth critique.
- Motivated and self-driven
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Familiarity working with version control (we use Perforce) and task-management software (we use Jira)
- Knowledge of architecture
- Willingness to move to Toronto
- Passion for the medieval era
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
To see our team, our office and what we do as a company visit tornbanner.com/
Torn Banner Studios has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, let us know and we will work with you to provide accommodation.