About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
We are seeking an experienced Full-Stack Engineer to support the design and implementation of Mission Control and Logistics Integration - the trusted connection between autonomy and the rest of the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with our product and engineering teams, customers, partners, and fleet operations to drive and implement the technical solution that connects the Self-Driving Truck with today's transportation and logistics ecosystem. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and be receptive to both giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Design and implement large scale and high-availability Web and API solutions for Logistics Integration with an architect-mindset.
- Liaise with Mission Control and Logistics Integration teams (Product, Development, Testing and Release), System Design and other Engineering teams (Architecture)
- Build integrations with third-party API with focus on security, scalability, and cloud first systems
- Develop and maintain standard-compliant and extensible code across the code base
- Respond to and troubleshoot system issues raised by users and external partners
- Deliver quality software solutions that meet the needs of their users on time
- Liaison between Development, Testing and Release teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex software
- Represent Torc at Technical/Industry conferences.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 3 or more years of relevant software engineering experience
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban); Behavior/Test-Driven Development
- Application development (Modern C++, Python, REST API, Node JS)
- DevOps best-practices and CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, and Terraform)
- SQL/NoSQL/Dynamo DB
- Implementation of cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Troubleshooting skills (real-time and in-depth analysis)
- Authentication/Authorization protocols and approaches such as OAuth or SAML
- Experience with a variety of modern web stacks
- Test automation principles and design
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.