About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
AV Release Engineering Manager
The Product Release Team’s charter is to ensure the TORC product conforms to the highest standards for safety critical systems as well as delivers superior business value expected for a L4 Freight Transportation Product.
The AV Release Engineering Manager is an expert technical contributor who will be championing for scalable release processes for Torc’s commercial partners. This position collaborates with System Design, Safety, Test Strategy, Autonomy, Infrastructure Services, and Validation teams to driving roadmap execution consistent with the Path towards Commercialization.
The AV Release Engineering Manager will interact with many stakeholders in the multi-time zone organization to coalesce the production strategy to deliver a product that is performant, avoids unreasonable risk, behave expectedly, secure, complete, robust, validated, reliable, available, traceable, and defensible.
A core responsibility of this position is to instantiate the Product Life Cycle Management Framework for Torc, aka, The Digital Thread, to ensure all product goals are realized.
What You’ll be doing:
- Define strategies for product release and identify risks mitigation Strategy.
- Provide hands-on leadership, definition, and execution of the Product Release Framework.
- Lead the development of organizational metrics to continuously measure Release Readiness.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with PMO (Program Management Office), Product Owners, Engineering, and other stakeholders within and between ARTs (Agile Release Train) and teams to ensure strategic and execution alignment.
- Act as the Quality gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring, understanding, monitoring, and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release.
- Supervisory responsibilities include new hire selection, onboarding, goal setting, career pathing and professional development, employee team building and training, performance management, scheduling and assigning work, resource management and controlling expenses, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures. Proactively manages employee relations and conflict while representing Torc’s core values.
- Identify hiring needs, partner with People Operations and Talent Acquisition, and assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing, selection, and hiring processes for talent across multidisciplinary teams. Recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
- Accomplishes team objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes with the highest degree of quality and safety.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Full Systems Engineering V-Model experience with demonstrable accomplishment in all phases for a safety/mission critical product.
- A profound understanding of MBSE and feathering in implementation through meticulous execution; 3+ years of practical MBSE experience is minimum.
- 10+ years of full-time, professional, and engineering working experience
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering & Computer Science
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Minimum 1+ years performing personnel management activities including but not limited to personnel timecard approvals, performance planning and evaluations, corrective actions, and conflict resolution, recruiting and onboarding, and ensuring compliance to software policies and procedures.
- Experience in product deployment, software development, process engineering and systems engineering as part of the product life cycle development: cradle to grave.
- Exhibit strong servant leadership characteristics and willingness to support the career growth of others and strong facilitation, technical team coaching, and critical systems thinking.
- Able to collect, analyze, and report data related to team efficiencies and progress and proficient knowledge of working with product and/or quality managers, with understanding of business-level priorities.
- Professional experience with AWS, JAVA, Python: Panda & NumPy, C++ and R-Analysis tooling.
- 5+ years in Robo-Taxi or L4 Freight Transportation Projects
- Enterprise Software Architecture and Integration experience
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.