About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
- Design and develop lateral and longitudinal truck control algorithms using C++ and ROS
- Test the algorithms in simulation and on our truck fleet
- Evaluate test results based on automated metrics and engineering judgement
- Design, develop and validate base truck performance estimation functionality
- Design, develop and validate highly dynamic emergency maneuvers
- Ensure robustness of the implemented algorithms
- Collaborate with behaviors, perception and localization teams to solve multidimensional problems
- Coordinate truck tests with fleet
- Ensure software updates do not regress the software performance by utilizing standard processes, code quality guidelines and code checks, dedicated simulation environments, and unit testing.
- Excellent technical judgment and intuition
- An organized and proactive approach
- Ability to turn ambiguity into technical direction
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to explain complex technical issues and justify solutions with data
- Good soft skills and the ability to positively influence others
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Aero/Math/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related and 5+ years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of applicable experience
- Proficient knowledge of vehicle kinematics and dynamics
- Proficient knowledge of controls systems and controls theory
- Experience with safety critical systems
- Proficient knowledge of C++ and ROS (3+ years)
- Hands on skills in Python
- Experience with multiple low level communication protocols (ethernet, CAN, CAN-FD, etc)
- Experience with Automotive Development
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- Company pension plan
- An international work environment
- Flexibility in schedule with remote working options
- Regular team events and other fun activities
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.