About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain the backlog for multiple teams in close collaboration with engineering managers and technical domain experts in areas including planning, perception, prediction, controls, software engineering, cloud services, and automotive or computing hardware, and other stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between the engineering team and relevant stakeholders. Gather user requirements, build product requirements, and communicate to the engineering teams and other stakeholders at all levels of planning and execution.
- Work to understand and prioritize requests, and set expectations around scope, and timeline of delivery. Translate stakeholder needs to product requirements.
- Lead in regular planning exercises to drive product priorities across the company. Keep roadmaps, backlogs, and other planning artifacts continuously up to date.
- Lead in regular planning exercises to drive product priorities for your team. Keep roadmaps, backlogs, and other planning artifacts continuously up to date using the prescribed agile methodology
- Lead iteration demos and continuously assess metrics to gain visibility into feature execution.
- Collaborate, research, review competitor communications, and analyze and compare competing products to ensure Torc maintains the best products available.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Systems Engineering, or engineering equivalent.
- 10+ years overall experience (3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner focused on a physical product that contains both software & hardware.
- Experience serving as a Product Owner for 2+ teams simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills and technical acumen. Prior software development experience is a big plus but is not required.
- Experience with Agile principles and agile management tools like Jira
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.