About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
This hybrid role requires facilitation, instructional design, and adult learning theory previous experience and knowledge. Previous technical training experience required (supporting a software development function preferred). They will build partnerships in the business to leverage their project management skills to manage several L&D projects at once (intake, design, facilitation, evaluation) including facilitation and revision of our Torc Global Onboarding Program. Not only will they autonomously develop impactful learning materials/online training/content but will also find innovative ways to measure the effectiveness of training materials they produce. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Builds rapport with training participants on an individual basis and is able to read the room to adjust volume/pace based on observation of the audience.
- Conducts project intake meetings to gain exposure to/build your learning and consulting/intake skills and start building relationships in the business.
- Manages L&D projects from start to finish (communication to requestor, meeting deadlines, delivering quality output, working with SMEs).
- Edits existing/build from scratch functional training materials (instructor led/webinar, job aids, online trainings) and edit existing training programs including Global Torc Onboarding Program.
- Overhauls existing functional and soft skill training/programs to increase engagement, learner retention and incorporate higher levels of evaluations (instructor led/webinar, job aids, online trainings/content).
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge retention and transfer.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of experience in training facilitation and instructional design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area with experience in a hybrid facilitation/instructional design role or 3+ years of progressive experience in hybrid facilitation and instructional design roles in lieu of a degree.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word skills required.
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- OLT (online training) development skills required (Articulate Storyline/Rise).
- An understanding of adult learning theories/principles.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.