About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
As a member of the Release Train Engineer (RTE) team, you will facilitate SAFe-related and department-level events and processes to assist the engineering teams in delivering value. You will communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, drive relentless improvement, and mentor others in agile methodologies.
A Program Manager - RTE actively participates in the organization’s Lean-Agile transformation as a servant leader and coach.
What you'll do:
- Plan and facilitate SAFe-related ceremonies such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, PO Sync, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt workshops.
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by ensuring the synthesis and alignment of the vision and roadmap through cadence-based feature prioritization, estimation, and grooming.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure strategic and execution alignment.
- Coach and mentor teams in Agile methodologies and mindsets.
- Develop and track metrics at the Department- and Team-level to demonstrate progress and to identify impediments to delivering value.
- Help identify and manage risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Work relentlessly to improve the flow of value.
- Collaborate with the PMO, Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE), and other RTEs to continuously improve program execution and operational excellence.
- Participate in Communities of Practice to strengthen skills and to share knowledge across the organization.
- Facilitate getting work done through supporting, guiding, and influencing the team from a servant leader philosophy.
- When needed, create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and deadlines.
- Serve as a point of contact for other teams to ensure cross-team activities remain synchronized.
- Facilitate technical discussions, decision making, conflict resolution, and continuous improvement.
- Craft and support effective internal and external communication to improve transparency and information transfer & visibility.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, communications or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master or equivalent for an enterprise or scaled team delivering products and projects of relatively large size, risk, and complexity.
- Hands-on experience with Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, and other Agile frameworks.
- Familiar with SDLC best practices.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills to inspire and motivate teams. Capable and effective public speaker.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience as a user of Agile tools, such as Jira or Rally, and Agile metrics.
- Experience with standard project management practices, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to work and collaborate across locations over different time zones.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent.
- SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Project Consultant (SPC) certification.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.