About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The new vehicle integration team is dedicated to creating safer roads and saving lives, and your contribution will have an unequivocal impact on the future of trucking and autonomous technology. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about working in this hands-on environment.
As an engineer in the vehicle integration team it is your task to integration the Virtual Driver on our autonomous trucks in close collaboration with internal and external partners. You will be developing in an agile team and be an interface between Torc in Germany and Blacksburg and the vehicle integration at Daimler Trucks.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be working close to the trucks and support integration of new and existing self-driving hardware & software. By collaborating with the team, you will troubleshoot any component and vehicle integration issues and guide the team to an efficient resolution.
- Integrate hardware and software components on the interface between virtual driver and vehicle platform
- Develop and execute vehicle-interface-systems for automated driving
- Define, develop & provision hardware & software components
- Project coordination and controlling internal and external partners / suppliers
- Manage processes, milestones & maturity of our development platform
- Foster the close collaboration of international teams including vehicle development, AD-Kit hardware development, system integration, vehicle build and testing
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues found in vehicle testing
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in Automotive systems
- High skills in hardware and/or software development
- High skills in vehicle & system integration of complex automotive E/E-Systems
- Experience with AD / ADAS development
- Experience in E/E architecture and bus systems
- Experience in diagnostics & flashing
- Root cause analysis experience or complex trouble shooting across multidisciplinary systems
- Business fluent English skills
- Excellent communication skills in technical approaches
- Willingness to work in an international environment and to communicate across time zones
- Willingness to travel to the US
- Experience with functional safety according to ISO 26262
- Conversational German skills