About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Local to Austin and interested in an engineering role with us? Join us on Wednesday, October 12th at our Austin office to network with our leadership team and learn more about our open job opportunities. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-our-engineering-leadership-tickets-425289360927
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be responsible for R&D activities to further develop vehicle models in the simulation environment for the development and release of autonomous vehicle functions.
The simulation environment uses a combination of re-simulation of real measurement data and simulation of virtual driving scenarios using vehicle models at different levels of detail. Simulation supports the development of autonomous driving functions and is the central pillar of our verification and validation strategy.
- Create concepts as well as implement and document simulation models for the development of autonomous driving functions (component test, system integration, validation).
- Define strategies for verification and validation of simulation models against measurements and real driving data in cooperation with the CAE areas.
- Integrate vehicle models into the simulation environment via pre-defined interfaces.
- Create status reports on the quality of simulation results
- Support and train software and system developers in the use of simulation models and test methods
- Cooperate with all areas of engineering to identify simulation needs and develop tools to meet these needs
- Cooperate with international companies and organizations to foster strategic partnerships
- Technology tracking in the field of autonomous vehicle simulation
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree with 3 years of professional experience or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or comparable degree)
- Experience in vehicle modeling and software-in-the-loop simulation, Vehicle Dynamics, ADAS Systems, Vehicle Engineering, Control Engineering, and System Dynamics
- Proficiency in Simulink, MATLAB and Linux as well as strong programming skills
- Experience with agile development methods welcome
- Experience in the application of development standards such as ISO26262 and V-Model as well as in brake systems and powertrain dynamics advantageous
- Business fluent German and English language skills
- Enthusiasm for new tasks and motivation to learn new topics
- Readiness to work in an international environment and to communicate across time zones
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++ and ROS (Robot Operating System) tools as well as co-simulation desirable
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- Company pension plan
- An international work environment
- Flexibility in schedule with remote working options
- Company-wide winter vacation office closure
- Regular team events and other fun activities